Bowls: Stage set for Hunts league title battle
WHITE Hart A continue to head Division One of the Huntingdonshire & District Bowls League as clubs approach the mid-way point of the season.
WHITE Hart A continue to head Division One of the Huntingdonshire & District Bowls League as clubs approach the mid-way point of the season. Their nearest chasers are Hemingford A and Huntingdon A, with neither team willing to let the talented White Hart A walk away with the title unchallenged.
Royal Oak Godmanchester look like continuing to yo-yo between the divisions as they struggle in Division One. Relegated from Division One in 2008, they found life in Division Two last season to their liking and regained their top division status, but 2010 is proving another hard season as they sit bottom of the pack.
Division Two leaders Buckden A head St Ives A and the league has a look of a two-horse finish already. At the bottom only half a point separates Somersham B and Ramsey.
You may also want to watch:
Hemingford B are hot on the heels of White Hart B in Division Three but need a run of good results to overhaul them. St Neots C are basement boys but there is little between the bottom four teams.
Division Four could turn into a photo finish, with Papworth B heading five clubs covered by 10 points. However, Hemingford C will need a dramatic change of fortune if they are to avoid the wooden spoon.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry