BOWLS: Six of the best as Hunts triumph on all rinks while dishing out an Adams Trophy drubbing
- Credit: Archant
Hunts delivered a dominant Adams Trophy display to whitewash North Cambs last Saturday.
The local men triumphed on all six rinks in a one-sided clash at Huntingdon to record a monster 270-92 overall success.
The all-Hemingfords rink of Owen Kennedy, also featuring Richard Wilson and Scott Wilson, were the biggest winners with a 60-6 victory.
Ed Elmore’s all-Warboys trio of Tom Swannell and Ian McWhinney also racked up a half-century of shots by winning 51-15.
Lewis Baker, Ian Swannell, Robert Jepson and former world indoor champion Nicky Brett were the other triumphant skips.
Hunts are away to Northants this Saturday in both Adams Trophy and Newton Trophy clashes.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates
Hunts 270, North Cambs 92
Hunts rinks: Steve Farrant (Warboys)/Richard Fisher (Papworth)/Lewis Baker (Warboys) won 36-14, Trevor Dighton (St Ives)/Rob Elmore (Warboys)/Ian Swannell (Somersham) won 34-21, Richard Wilson/Scott Wilson/Owen Kennedy (all Hemingfords) won 60-6, Tom Swannell/Ian McWhinney/Ed Elmore (all Warboys) won 51-15, Colin Bates (Papworth)/Kevin Ward (Papworth)/Robert Jepson (St Ives) won 48-19, Tony Chapman(Hemingford)/Kevin Bowers (Sawtry)/Nicky Brett (Warboys) won 41-17.