BOWLS: Six of the best as Hunts triumph on all rinks while dishing out an Adams Trophy drubbing
- Credit: Archant
Hunts delivered a dominant Adams Trophy display to whitewash North Cambs last Saturday.
The local men triumphed on all six rinks in a one-sided clash at Huntingdon to record a monster 270-92 overall success.
The all-Hemingfords rink of Owen Kennedy, also featuring Richard Wilson and Scott Wilson, were the biggest winners with a 60-6 victory.
Ed Elmore’s all-Warboys trio of Tom Swannell and Ian McWhinney also racked up a half-century of shots by winning 51-15.
Lewis Baker, Ian Swannell, Robert Jepson and former world indoor champion Nicky Brett were the other triumphant skips.
Hunts are away to Northants this Saturday in both Adams Trophy and Newton Trophy clashes.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 7 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 10 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
Hunts 270, North Cambs 92
Hunts rinks: Steve Farrant (Warboys)/Richard Fisher (Papworth)/Lewis Baker (Warboys) won 36-14, Trevor Dighton (St Ives)/Rob Elmore (Warboys)/Ian Swannell (Somersham) won 34-21, Richard Wilson/Scott Wilson/Owen Kennedy (all Hemingfords) won 60-6, Tom Swannell/Ian McWhinney/Ed Elmore (all Warboys) won 51-15, Colin Bates (Papworth)/Kevin Ward (Papworth)/Robert Jepson (St Ives) won 48-19, Tony Chapman(Hemingford)/Kevin Bowers (Sawtry)/Nicky Brett (Warboys) won 41-17.