BOWLS: Six of the best as Hunts triumph on all rinks while dishing out an Adams Trophy drubbing
- Credit: Archant
Hunts delivered a dominant Adams Trophy display to whitewash North Cambs last Saturday.
The local men triumphed on all six rinks in a one-sided clash at Huntingdon to record a monster 270-92 overall success.
The all-Hemingfords rink of Owen Kennedy, also featuring Richard Wilson and Scott Wilson, were the biggest winners with a 60-6 victory.
Ed Elmore’s all-Warboys trio of Tom Swannell and Ian McWhinney also racked up a half-century of shots by winning 51-15.
Lewis Baker, Ian Swannell, Robert Jepson and former world indoor champion Nicky Brett were the other triumphant skips.
You may also want to watch:
Hunts are away to Northants this Saturday in both Adams Trophy and Newton Trophy clashes.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
Hunts 270, North Cambs 92
Hunts rinks: Steve Farrant (Warboys)/Richard Fisher (Papworth)/Lewis Baker (Warboys) won 36-14, Trevor Dighton (St Ives)/Rob Elmore (Warboys)/Ian Swannell (Somersham) won 34-21, Richard Wilson/Scott Wilson/Owen Kennedy (all Hemingfords) won 60-6, Tom Swannell/Ian McWhinney/Ed Elmore (all Warboys) won 51-15, Colin Bates (Papworth)/Kevin Ward (Papworth)/Robert Jepson (St Ives) won 48-19, Tony Chapman(Hemingford)/Kevin Bowers (Sawtry)/Nicky Brett (Warboys) won 41-17.