BOWLS: Semi-final exit for Ed Elmore in national event
- Credit: Archant
Hunts bowler Ed Elmore reached the semi-finals of the Men’s Two-Bowl Singles at the National Indoor Chmpionhips.
Elmore, who is actually representing the City of Ely club, was beaten 21-14 by eventual champion Graham Smith, from Spalding.
World Under 25 Indoor champion Elmore had triumphed 21-7 against BJ Byles (Whiteknights) in the opening round at Melton Mowbray before seeing off Jonathan West (Boston) 21-16 at the quarter-final stage.
St Neots bowler Michelle Coleman bowed out in the quarter-finals of the inaugural Women’s Two-Bowls Singles.
She was pipped 21-20 by Ruby Hill (Spalding) after thumping Donna Knight (West Berks) 21-4 in her opening outing.
You may also want to watch:
The Huntingdon quartet of Jane Baldwin, Kathy Snitch, Dina Barlow and Nicky Verlander were beaten 19-9 by 2016 champions Swale in the opening round of the Women’s Fours yesterday.
Huntingdon are represented by Simon Leader, Lewis King and Nick Brett in Men’ Triples, which gets underway tomorrow.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
The local hopes in the Women’s Triples are carried by the St Neots trio of Robyn Hall, Rebecca Moorbey and Rachel Tremett.
Later in the week, Moorbey competes in the Women’s singles.