BOWLS: Huntingdon star Nicky Brett reaches another world final - and then begins his singles’ title defence
- Credit: James Bass
Nicky Brett is through to another World Indoor Championships final.
The reigning men’s singles champion has reached the mixed pairs showpiece at Hopton-on-Sea.
Brett teamed up with Scotland’s Claire Johnstone to beat Greg Harlow and Amy Stanton in a semi-final thriller yesterday.
Huntingon IBC Man Brett and his partner won 2-0 in a tie-break after losing the opening set 7-6, but winning the second set 8-6.
Scottish duo Paul Foster and Rebecca Field lie in wait in the final, which takes place tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Before then, Brett launches the defence of his men’s singles crown today by facing Irishman Andrew Kyle in the opening round.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k