BOWLS: Huntingdon pair Baker and Brett chasing national honours
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon duo Nicky Brett and Lewis Baker are within two matches of a National Indoor Bowls Championships title.
The locals successfully negotiated the last 16 and quarter-finals of the Men’s Pairs at Melton Mowbray yesterday (Wednesday).
They saw off the Lincoln pair of Danny Brown and Billy Jackson 21-7 in their opening clash before beating Simon Jones and Andy Knapper of Whiteknights 21-5 in the last eight.
The competition is played to a finish today (Thursday) with Brett and Baker facing Moonfleet 2000 duo Doug Rumble and Martin Puckett in the semi-finals.
St Neots bowlers have also been in action at Melton Mowbray in recent days.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Felce, Emma Felce, Hayley Felce and Michelle Barlow were beaten in the last 16 of the Women’s Fours last Sunday. They went down 23-12 to opponents from the Riverain club in Hitchin.
Hannah Felce, Emma Felce and Barlow then went out at the same stage of the Women’s Triples after a 24-11 defeat to York.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry