Bottom side Hemingfords boost top-flight survival hopes with crucial success
- Credit: Archant
Hemingfords United breathed life into their Kershaw Premier Division survival bid with a vital victory last Saturday.
The bottom side beat Cottenham 3-1 thanks to goals from Lionel Farrell, Andrew Ging and Tom Howard to register only their second success since being promoted to the Cambs League top flight for this season.
They remain at the foot of the standings, but have closed to within two points of fellow strugglers Foxton and three points of safety.
Eaton Socon are faring considerably better after maintaining their position in the top-six with a 2-1 success over West Wratting last Saturday.
Lewis Gordine-Francis and Scott Kingsbury hit the goals that earned the points.
You may also want to watch:
Needingworth returned to form to claim a first win in five Senior B Division games despite fielding a depleted side.
They had to come from behind to triumph 2-1 at Ashdon Villa thanks to a leveller from Chris Havard and a late Michael Thompson headed winner.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 10 Man who invited children to use his hot tub breached police order
Nicky Hurst struck for Godmanchester as they edged to within two points of the summit at that level by drawing 1-1 at Witchford.