Boss believes title race is far from over despite being on the Marc in top-of-the-table showdown
- Credit: Archant
Double-chasing Houghton & Wyton manager Steve Jeffs insists the Cambs League Division 2B title race is far from over.
Jeffs’ men, chasing a third successive championship crown and a fourth successive promotion, jumped to the summit courtesy of a top-of-the-table triumph against Fenstanton last Saturday.
Marc Puckering headed the only goal with 10 minutes to go as Hunts Junior Cup finalists H & W leapfrogged their title rivals. They’re a point clear with a game in hand.
But Jeffs stressed: “The game against Fenstanton wasn’t a title decider, but it was a great result for us.
“It’s certainly a big step in the right direction in terms of the title, but we still have some important matches ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
Salv Merola and Adam Berrill couldn’t take Fenstanton’s best chances as they lost top spot.
Player-boss Adam Buckingham admitted: “The title is now looking unlikely. We are now relying other teams nicking points off Houghton & Wyton which is going to be a tough ask.”
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding