Boro left star-struck after Town hit stride
UCL Division One Peterborough Northern Star 1 Huntingdon Town 4 TOWN manager Darren Young made no attempt to hide his pleasure after returning from his former club with the points at the weekend. Northern Star, regarded as one of the hot favourites this
UCL Division One
Peterborough Northern Star 1 Huntingdon Town 4
TOWN manager Darren Young made no attempt to hide his pleasure after returning from his former club with the points at the weekend.
Northern Star, regarded as one of the hot favourites this season in Division One must have thought they were on to an easy afternoon after taking the lead inside the first three minutes with a goal from Wayne Morris.
You may also want to watch:
This acted as a spur to Town and within five minutes they had equalised when Rob Maddox levelled.
The Town defence grew in confidence as the first half progressed and Star were given few, if any, chances to grab the lead back.
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 3 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 6 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 7 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 8 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
Further goals followed after the break by ex-Northern Star players Eddie Winks and Chris Caswell, giving Town a comfortable lead.
Young was able to introduce boxing star Yavin Owens late in the game to add a bit of punch up front and Owens obliged by slotting home the fourth in the 84th minute to seal a well-deserved victory.
Full of praise for the whole squad, Young said: "The hard work has paid off - Andy Brown had a great first start with the club and Darren Ray turned in a superb man of the match display."
n Huntingdon welcome Burton Park Wanderers to Jubilee Park on Saturday.