Blueharts give St Neots the blues
ST NEOTS III 1 BLUEHARTS II 2 BLUEHARTS gained some revenge against a St Neots team that did the double over them last season. Having been promoted together for the last three seasons, meetings between the two clubs have taken on the flavour of a local de
ST NEOTS III 1 BLUEHARTS II 2
BLUEHARTS gained some revenge against a St Neots team that did the double over them last season.
Having been promoted together for the last three seasons, meetings between the two clubs have taken on the flavour of a local derby in recent years, and both sides were motivated for the game.
Blueharts began at a frenetic pace, subjecting the home defence to sustained pressure throughout the first period. Carole Perry's excellent defending and Corinne Henson's goalkeeping kept the home side in the game, and the game was scoreless at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Blueharts got their reward in the second half when they broke the stalemate, but St Neots equalised promptly, getting back on terms without the visitors touching the ball.
Chris Deeks fed the ball back to Juliana Dickinson who dribbled past several players before laying on a chance for Charlie Gillam to score coolly.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
The game hung in the balance, but Blueharts were able to make the crucial score for the win, finishing a breakaway move with a high, powerful strike from the edge of the circle.