ATHLETICS: Big turnout makes first St Neots race a success
- Credit: Archant
The first Riverside Junior Parkrun to be held in St Neots proved to be a big success last Sunday.
A total of 82 children - aged between four and 14 - took part in the 2km event at Riverside Park.
Riverside Runners member Aedon Lydon was the inaugural winner in a time of 7.12 while Isabella Fleming was the first girl to finish in 7.49.
Event director Jennie Moore said: "We were so pleased to see the happy faces of the runners and have received some positive feedback.
"Hopefully young people will continue to enjoy the event and the community that the Junior Parkrun brings to St Neots."
You may also want to watch:
The Riverside Junior Parkrun takes place at 9am every Sunday and is free to enter.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity