Big-hitters Goddy go into overdrive
East Anglian Premier League Godmanchester Town v Fakenham RECORDING what is perhaps their biggest margin of victory in a league fixture, Godmanchester posted their highest innings total for three years on the way to beating Fakenham by 239 runs. Having
East Anglian Premier League
Godmanchester Town v Fakenham
RECORDING what is perhaps their biggest margin of victory in a league fixture, Godmanchester posted their highest innings total for three years on the way to beating Fakenham by 239 runs.
Having beaten Fakenham in five of their seven Premier League fixtures, the Godmanchester opening partnership of Sean Borlaise and Alex Mutucumarana batted confidently from the start.
They put on a partnership of 31, better than any Godmanchester opening partnership last season, before Mutucumarana went for 22.
Matt Pateman then came to the crease and hit 120 runs off 141 balls to register only his second league century.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 3 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 7 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 8 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 9 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 10 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
Debut-making Borlaise made 86 and Davies-Binge put on 43 as Godmanchester raced to 309 declared after only 63 overs.
Elliot Baldwin got the bowling off to a good start, taking two wickets for eight runs, before captain Bevis Moynan took one himself to reduce Fakenham to 35 for three.
Moynan took another and Baldwin took three as four middle-order wickets fell for four runs and Fakenham looked vulnerable.
Nathan Pearce claimed the remaining three wickets as Fakenham scored just 10 further runs off his bowling.
Baldwin finished with his best Premier Division figures of five for 27 from 10 overs in a game where seven Fakenham batsmen were clean-bowled.
The win means Godmanchester take the maximum 30 points on offer to get their league campaign off to the best possible start.