SWIMMING: St Ives duo star at major event
- Credit: Archant
Two St Ives Swimming Club stars produced super performances at the British Summer Championships.
Ciara Taylor and Bethan Endicott earned rave reviews in the 50m breaststroke for Women's 13/14yrs at the Tollcross Commonwealth Pool in Glasgow.
The event was open to the leading 24 swimmers in the national rankings and Endicott, who is now based in Wakefield, clocked the fifth fastest time in the heats with a 29.35 effort.
Taylor posted a new lifetime best by almost half-a-second when clocking 29.49 and they again impressed in the final. Endicott finished seventh in 28.92 with Taylor recording 29.43 for ninth spot.
"They were great results for both swimmers in their first national finals," said delighted St Ives Swimming Club head coach Andy Hunter.
"Bethan and Ciara both showed their immense potential and hopefully this is the first of many big performances at major events for them."
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates
- 10 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries