SWIMMING: St Ives duo star at major event
- Credit: Archant
Two St Ives Swimming Club stars produced super performances at the British Summer Championships.
Ciara Taylor and Bethan Endicott earned rave reviews in the 50m breaststroke for Women's 13/14yrs at the Tollcross Commonwealth Pool in Glasgow.
The event was open to the leading 24 swimmers in the national rankings and Endicott, who is now based in Wakefield, clocked the fifth fastest time in the heats with a 29.35 effort.
Taylor posted a new lifetime best by almost half-a-second when clocking 29.49 and they again impressed in the final. Endicott finished seventh in 28.92 with Taylor recording 29.43 for ninth spot.
"They were great results for both swimmers in their first national finals," said delighted St Ives Swimming Club head coach Andy Hunter.
You may also want to watch:
"Bethan and Ciara both showed their immense potential and hopefully this is the first of many big performances at major events for them."
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester