Best display for 20 years
THE CAMBS and Hunts Ladies golf team qualified for the county finals for the first time in 20 years with a superb win at Eaton Golf Club last week. Captain Sarah Greenall lead the team to victory over three days of competition, securing in the process a p
THE CAMBS and Hunts Ladies golf team qualified for the county finals for the first time in 20 years with a superb win at Eaton Golf Club last week.
Captain Sarah Greenall lead the team to victory over three days of competition, securing in the process a place at the national finals in September.
Julie Walter of St Ives won a singles match and helped the foursomes to a 5-4 victory over Staffordshire on day one.
On day two Cambs and Hunts thrashed Caernarvon and Anglesey by 8.5 -.5 with St Neots golfer Paula Parker gaining a fine victory in the singles.
You may also want to watch:
On the third and final day the team held their nerve to defeat a previously unbeaten Leicestershire team 3-1 and book their spot at Copt Heath, West Midlands in September.
Captain Sarah Greenall said: "I am absolutely delighted and very proud of my team. They have all worked very hard for this win - it's our best performance in 20 years.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis