Best display for 20 years
THE CAMBS and Hunts Ladies golf team qualified for the county finals for the first time in 20 years with a superb win at Eaton Golf Club last week. Captain Sarah Greenall lead the team to victory over three days of competition, securing in the process a p
THE CAMBS and Hunts Ladies golf team qualified for the county finals for the first time in 20 years with a superb win at Eaton Golf Club last week.
Captain Sarah Greenall lead the team to victory over three days of competition, securing in the process a place at the national finals in September.
Julie Walter of St Ives won a singles match and helped the foursomes to a 5-4 victory over Staffordshire on day one.
On day two Cambs and Hunts thrashed Caernarvon and Anglesey by 8.5 -.5 with St Neots golfer Paula Parker gaining a fine victory in the singles.
You may also want to watch:
On the third and final day the team held their nerve to defeat a previously unbeaten Leicestershire team 3-1 and book their spot at Copt Heath, West Midlands in September.
Captain Sarah Greenall said: "I am absolutely delighted and very proud of my team. They have all worked very hard for this win - it's our best performance in 20 years.
- 1 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 2 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
- 3 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 4 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 Godmanchester Mill River Enhancement project starts in May
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford