Benjamin Eyre of Huntingdon Gymnastics Club selected for Wales
- Credit: RICHARD SELLERS/PA
Huntingdon Gymnastics Club's Benjamin Eyre has been included in the Wales squad for the Northern European Championship.
Eyre will be one of six in a full-strength men's team which includes four of the team who won a silver medal in Iceland two years ago.
The Huntingdon man was part of the Welsh squad at the 2018 Commonwealth Games and was also part of the team who won silver at the Northern Europeans in 2017.
This will be his fourth appearance at this event which this year takes place on home soil at the Sport Wales National Centre, in Cardiff over two days from November 13.
Emil Barber, Brinn Bevan, Joe Cemlyn-Jones and Jacob Edwards were the four who medalled in 2019.
Should they go one better and win gold then it will be the first time since 2011 and also emulate the class of 2009 who won team gold when the Northern Europeans were last staged in Wales.
Meanwhile Swansea’s Holly Jones will be Wales’ sole women’s artistic representative.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Club of the Week: St Ives u3a who have celebrated their 10-year anniversary