Beds Division One
St Neots beat Bedford College by five runs St Neots batted first, with opener Ian Stanford getting the visitors off to a sound start with 22 before being run out. C MacDonald went for one soon after, but A Jabbar s 23 settled St Neots nerves before he t
St Neots beat Bedford College by five runs
St Neots batted first, with opener Ian Stanford getting the visitors off to a sound start with 22 before being run out.
C MacDonald went for one soon after, but A Jabbar's 23 settled St Neots' nerves before he too was run out.
M Spavins' 19 was the next biggest score, whilst D Podgorski's 14 was the only score in double figures among the tail.
S Banaji's three for 22 from eight overs and three balls with 3 maidens were the best figures.
Bedford made a slow start in their innings, before S Banerti batting at five put on a solid 43.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 6 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
Once Banerti was caught out, Bedford lost two wickets for no runs before tail-ender S Tailor put on 20.
It wasn't enough, however, as Bedford fell five short of the total to concede the match.
A Staughton' s figures of three for 33 off 10 overs with two maidens was the highlight of the St Neots bowling attack.