BEDFORDSHIRE COUNTY LEAGUE: South African star smashed monster century in Eaton Socon success
- Credit: Archant
Overseas star Matthew Kirkham caused cricketing carnage at Eaton Socon last Sunday afternoon.
The South African bludgeoned an unbeaten 143 off just 48 balls in a Bedfordshire County League clash.
Kirkham’s mighty knock included a dozen fours and nine sixes, and set Eaton Socon on the way to a 260-run drubbing of Letchworth Garden City in Division Two.
He wasn’t the only man to tuck into a feast of runs with Matthew Sharpe (57), Joe Donnelly (45), McCauley Clark (35) and Jamie Vale (34) also adding sizable contributions to a monster 360-6 off 45 overs.
The Eaton Socon bowlers were in fine fettle as well, taking less than 25 overs to skittle the visitors.
Joe Watling led the way with 3-16 while Ryan Worboys and Terry Day both claimed a couple of victims.
Waresley were well-beaten in Division One when going down to Flitwick by 187 runs. They were dismissed for 101 when in pursuit of 288.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
Peter Colebrook was the pick of the Waresley players with 5-53.