BEDFORDSHIRE COUNTY LEAGUE: South African star smashed monster century in Eaton Socon success
- Credit: Archant
Overseas star Matthew Kirkham caused cricketing carnage at Eaton Socon last Sunday afternoon.
The South African bludgeoned an unbeaten 143 off just 48 balls in a Bedfordshire County League clash.
Kirkham’s mighty knock included a dozen fours and nine sixes, and set Eaton Socon on the way to a 260-run drubbing of Letchworth Garden City in Division Two.
He wasn’t the only man to tuck into a feast of runs with Matthew Sharpe (57), Joe Donnelly (45), McCauley Clark (35) and Jamie Vale (34) also adding sizable contributions to a monster 360-6 off 45 overs.
The Eaton Socon bowlers were in fine fettle as well, taking less than 25 overs to skittle the visitors.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Watling led the way with 3-16 while Ryan Worboys and Terry Day both claimed a couple of victims.
Waresley were well-beaten in Division One when going down to Flitwick by 187 runs. They were dismissed for 101 when in pursuit of 288.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
Peter Colebrook was the pick of the Waresley players with 5-53.