Avalanche of goals as St Neots Town sizzle in their first friendly outing
- Credit: Archant
St Neots began their pre-season friendly programme with a bang . . . by dishing out a double-figures drubbing on Tuesday night.
The new-look Southern League Premier Division side thumped Whittlesey Athletic - a team who will play three levels below them next season - 11-2 at the Premier Plus Stadium.
Five summer signing featured in the scoring spree with former Huntingdon and St Ives man Declan Rogers leading the way as he hit a hat-trick.
James Hall struck while Tom Wood, Rogan McGeorge and Charlie Butt also found the net.
Wideman Remy Gordon (2) and youngster Jordan Brown were the other Saints men to strike.
You may also want to watch:
Two considerably tougher home tests lie ahead for St Neots in the next few days. They entertain League Two side Cambridge United on Saturday and then host National League South outfit Chelmsford on Tuesday.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Thousands of families tipped on to universal credit due to Covid-19
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess