Australian racer flies to UK to persue dream
A TWENTY-year-old racing driver who has flown halfway round the world to follow his dream career is hoping his act of sheer determination will secure him much-needed sponsorship.
Ash Miller has left his family and friends in Brisbane, Australia, to move to the UK, which he sees as the heart of motor racing.
Now living in Grafham and working as an instructor at Palmersport in Bedford, Ash hopes to secure the finances to continue racing.
He told The Hunts Post: “I’ve basically flown halfway round the world on a one-way ticket – that’s the price of commitment.
“I won a couple of series in Australia and I thought if this is going to go somewhere, I need to go to Europe. To be on the right path in motor sport, you need to be in the UK – just look at how many F1 teams are based here. If you are serious about your sport you do everything you can to succeed. There is no other option for me. I will be happy to go wherever my career takes me, you can’t have blinkers on.”
You may also want to watch:
Miller started racing 10 years ago, starting in go karts before progressing to a succession of titles in Mazda MX5.
He came over to the UK last year, where he had secured financing to race in a round of the ELF Clio Cup at Brands Hatch.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
He said: “Racing is expensive but I believe in myself. I have what it takes and I will give sponsors a good return on their investment, including perks that aren’t available to the public!
“Both parents have been very supportive, particularly my dad, but they both said ‘it’s your dream, follow it’. I dream of being a professional endurance driver, racing at Le Mans.”
If you want to find out more about Ash Miller or are interested in sponsoring him, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07904 579218.