ATHLETICS: Weekend double for Hunts AC star Ty Farrer while Riverside Runners trio tackle Birmingham Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC man Ty Farrer tasted victory twice in the space of 24 hours last weekend.
He beat 188 other participants to triumph in the Basildon Parkrun last Saturday, finishing 49 seconds clear of his closest rival in a time of 17.55.
And he sampled more success the following day when storming clear by 15 seconds to win the Bourne 5k in Lincolnshire. His time for that event was 17.36.
Three members of Riverside Runners took part in the Birmingham Marathon.
Russ Hewitt was the quickest of the trio when taking 242nd place in 3:18.07.
Lee Radley was the 1,000th runner to finish in 3:51.36 with clubmate Gary Barnes another 100 places back in 3:54.02.
And four Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri members headed overseas for the Amsterdam Marathon.
- 1 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 2 St Neots man who put 'fear into the lives' of his victims is jailed
- 3 John Caldwell names as new president of rotary club
- 4 Jail for St Neots man described as 'exceptionally dangerous'
- 5 Man sentenced after DNA found on drugs in a Huntingdon home
- 6 Huntingdon and Godmanchester celebrate 40-year twinning anniversary in Germany
- 7 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday
- 8 Public advised to "use water wisely" after driest July since 1935
- 9 Editor Debbie Davies writes about her experience in Soham 20 years ago
- 10 Rotary club donates more than £1,100 to police boxing club
Ed Crothall was the fastest of them in 3:04:37 while Neil Jarvis clocked 3:28.19. Running buddies Cheryl Hannibal and Joanna Cooper navigated the Dutch capital together in a time of 5:27.21.