ATHLETICS: Weekend double for Hunts AC star Ty Farrer while Riverside Runners trio tackle Birmingham Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC man Ty Farrer tasted victory twice in the space of 24 hours last weekend.
He beat 188 other participants to triumph in the Basildon Parkrun last Saturday, finishing 49 seconds clear of his closest rival in a time of 17.55.
And he sampled more success the following day when storming clear by 15 seconds to win the Bourne 5k in Lincolnshire. His time for that event was 17.36.
Three members of Riverside Runners took part in the Birmingham Marathon.
Russ Hewitt was the quickest of the trio when taking 242nd place in 3:18.07.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Radley was the 1,000th runner to finish in 3:51.36 with clubmate Gary Barnes another 100 places back in 3:54.02.
And four Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri members headed overseas for the Amsterdam Marathon.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
Ed Crothall was the fastest of them in 3:04:37 while Neil Jarvis clocked 3:28.19. Running buddies Cheryl Hannibal and Joanna Cooper navigated the Dutch capital together in a time of 5:27.21.