ATHLETICS: Weekend double for Hunts AC star Ty Farrer while Riverside Runners trio tackle Birmingham Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC man Ty Farrer tasted victory twice in the space of 24 hours last weekend.
He beat 188 other participants to triumph in the Basildon Parkrun last Saturday, finishing 49 seconds clear of his closest rival in a time of 17.55.
And he sampled more success the following day when storming clear by 15 seconds to win the Bourne 5k in Lincolnshire. His time for that event was 17.36.
Three members of Riverside Runners took part in the Birmingham Marathon.
Russ Hewitt was the quickest of the trio when taking 242nd place in 3:18.07.
Lee Radley was the 1,000th runner to finish in 3:51.36 with clubmate Gary Barnes another 100 places back in 3:54.02.
And four Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri members headed overseas for the Amsterdam Marathon.
- 1 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 2 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 5 Huntingdonshire History Festival returns this summer
- 6 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 7 More roads should come under 20mph scheme, say councillors
- 8 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Cambridgeshire records one of lowest Covid fine rates in country
Ed Crothall was the fastest of them in 3:04:37 while Neil Jarvis clocked 3:28.19. Running buddies Cheryl Hannibal and Joanna Cooper navigated the Dutch capital together in a time of 5:27.21.