ATHLETICS: Treble for Lizzy, double for Ayo, and three other medals as Hunts AC impress on Eastern stage
- Credit: Archant
Lizzy Harrison grabbed three medals at the Eastern Counties Championships.
The Hunts AC starlet was in fine form at Cambridge last Saturday as she earned silver in the 100m and long jump in the Under 13 Girls category, and added a bronze medal to her collection in the 200m.
She also set two new club records of sorts, but her 13.43 time over 100m and a 27.51 effort over 200m were set with the assistance of wind speeds above the allowable limit.
Ayo Opaleye completed a medal double in the Under 15 Boys bracket – taking silver in the high jump (1.40m) and bronze in the long jump (4.79m).
Elliot Mortimer provided the club’s only gold medal as he won the 80m hurdles in that age group with a personal best of 14.55.
You may also want to watch:
Emily Hart picked up silver in the Under 13 Girls shot putt with a 7.49m effort while Neil Carrington took bronze with a 11.69m leap in the Senior Men’s triple jump.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'