ATHLETICS: Sizzling showing from BRJ star Hudson in the hottest London Marathon ever held
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri star David Hudson delivered a scorching performance in the hottest London Marathon on record on Sunday.
Hudson came home in 2:29.42 to take a terrific 25th place out of more than 40,000 runners who lined up at the start of the 26.2-mile course.
He wasn’t the only BRJ member to impress in the capital as clubmate Cy Gearing also broke the three-hour barrier 2:56.36. First lady home for the club was Sabrina Crothall in a time of 3:30.39.
A team of 23 competitors from St Neots club Riverside Runners were also in action in the capital. The ladies led the way with Jo O’Regan first home in a best time of 2.53.26, making her the fifth UK female to finish outside of the elite runners.
Suzy Boast also recorded a personal best time as she finished in 3:14.03 while Barbara Reading was 10th in the V70 age group in 4:55.56.
Leading the men home was Neil Shorten in 2.54.42, and Duncan Bush finished in 2.56.52.
Riverside members making their marathon debuts were Peter Dowling (5:05.550, Emma Rigby (5:31.26), Diane Hufford (5:35.58), Patrycja Falak (5:36.12), Heather Pateman (6:15.02) and Charlotte Simpson (6:22.55).
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates
First runner home for Hunts AC last Sunday was Ty Farrer who finished in 2:41.27 to take 173rd place overall. Caroline Archer was first lady to cross the line for the club in 3:40.37.
Other local results from the London Marathon . . .
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri: Ed Crothall (3:21.42), Simon Moore (3:32.46), Paula Elliott (3:51.24), Jane Roberts (4:08.56), Simon Lumley (4:31.23), Jerry Lay (4:47.49), Emily Cullum (4:56.45), Joanne Muff (5:06.28), Grace Stanley (5:15.43), Jacqui Moore (5:22.20) and Suzie Hall (5:41.53).
Riverside Runners: Piers Serjeant (3:19.26), Malcom Pritchard (3:28.06), Steve Childerley (3:53.07), Clare Jenkins (4:06.16), Lee Radley (4:14.00), Minnie Hall (4.14.50), Michaela Ridley (5:35.58), Stephen Ferguson (6:22.25).
Hunts AC: Caroline Archer (3:40.37), Sean Barker (3:09.55), Katy Burgin (4:05.06), Neil Carrington (5:54.10), Ty Farrer (2:41.27), Caroline Louise King (3:53.22), Darren Matthews (2:58.28), Rod McKee (3:03.04), Amy Steele (4:38.59), Julia Mia Tebbs (6:43.39).