ATHLETICS: Sisters show they’re up for the Challenge by starring in series opener
- Credit: Archant
A set of super Hunts AC siblings enjoyed a successful start to the British Athletics Cross Challenge Series.
Shannon Flockhart sped to victory in the Under 15 girls race at Teardrop Lakes in Milton Keynes and younger sister Lexi made it a family medal double by scooping silver in the Under 11 girls race.
Hunts AC were also represented by Joey Croft, who took 20th place in the Under 17 men’s event.
There was success on the roads as well for Hunts AC last weekend courtesy of Ty Farrer.
He finished as first veteran and took third place overall in the Stebbing Remembrance Day 10-mile Race in Essex.
You may also want to watch:
And Neil Carrington impressed indoors as he took part in a Northern Athletics Open Meet in Sheffield.
He produced a leap of 10.91m in the triple jump to improve the Hunts AC veteran men’s indoor club record by 59cm.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio