ATHLETICS: Silver medals for Hunts AC duo at English Schools’ Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two Hunts AC talents won silver medals at the English Schools’ Championships – and both set new club records in the process.
Sprint star Julian Priest enjoyed a terrific first appearance in the annual event at the Alexander Stadium in Birmingham.
He clocked a Hunts AC best time of 22.49 when finished second in the final of the 200m at Junior Boys level – missing out on gold by only a hundredth of a second.
And Joey Croft made it a medal double with a terrific display in the 2000m steeplechase for Senior Boys as he finished in 5.58.5.
Clubmate Shannon Flockhart also reached the final of the Intermediate Girls 800m, where she finished eighth.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Purbrick went out in the heats of the Junior Boys 80m hurdles, but it was a terrific achievement just to qualify in his first year in that age group.
All four Hunts AC members represented Cambridgeshire.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity