ATHLETICS: Shorten up for the Challenge with fine fourth place at Colworth
- Credit: Archant
A bunch of Riverside Runners faced three different tests in as many days as part of a gruelling event.
The Colworth Marathon Challenge is made up of a five-mile Friday-night race, an 8.1-mile Saturday cross-country run and a half-marathon on the Sunday.
Neil Shorten was the pick of the Riverside contingent with a total time of 2:46.43 which earned him a fine fourth place overall.
Others Riverside results: 14 Piers Serjeant 3:04.31, 23 Steve Childerley 3;13.31, 39 Maurice Hemingway 3:28.57, 57 Gary Barnes 3:42.12, 66 Lee Radley 3:48.13, 77 Emma Evans 3:56.13, 91 Karen Childerley 4:02.35, 100 Niki Serjeant 4:07.28, 119 Sharon Evans 4:21.40, 122 Karen Roper 4:24.11, 128 Lesley Carroll 4:31.11, 138 Michaela Ridley 4:43.53, 140 Kirsty Middleton 4:45.45, 144 Norma Leckie 4:49.53, 152 Adrian Smith 4:59.36.
Claire Jenkins was the first finisher in the F35 when just tackling the cross-country discipline, while Barbara Reading was the leading F65 runner in the Friday and Sunday events.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Ridley was the fastest Riverside finisher in the recent Marston Forest 5k. He took second place in the M50 category with a time of 18.43.
Others to take part were Piers Serjeant (19.13), Trevor Hufford (22.57), Niki Serjeant (27.01), Michaela Ridley (28.27) and Diane Hufford (29.57).
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k