ATHLETICS: Seniors and juniors star as BRJ bag a stack of podium places
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri members young and old collected podium places at the Riverside 10k in St Neots.
David Hudson was the local club’s leading finisher when taking fourth spot in 36.55, while Shelley Duffy was the third female to cross the line in 45.45. Her performance also earned top spot in the F35 age category.
Jackie Wren was another age-group winner as she won the F55 crown, while Alice Edwards took second at F45 level.
Those three ladies, along with Sarah-Jane Gardner, helped BRJ finish second in the female team standings.
Other BRJ runners to complete the 10k race were Liam Tharme (41.06), Mark Elliott (41.20), Marco Wassersleben (42.10), David Ward (44.05), Paul Harris (51.41), Joanne Muff (56.36), Phil Pearsons (57.11), Martin Wren (1:05.36), Jade Wren (1:05.37) and Keith Simmons (1:08.53).
You may also want to watch:
And the club’s terrific bunch of juniors impressed in the 2k fun run as Reece Millard took overall victory and Ellie Loosley was the first girl home.
BRJ collected six podium finishes in all with Jemima Davey, James Loosley and Chloe Loosley winning their age groups while Freya Harris collecting a silver medal in her section.
- 1 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?