ATHLETICS: Record-breaking New Year’s Day exploits from Hunts AC talents
- Credit: Archant
The new year began with a bang for Hunts AC - thanks to five club records in the New Year Open Meet at Lee Valley.
Rising sprint star Julian Priest led the way with a hat-trick of Under 17 bests when competing in that age group for the first time.
Two of them came in the 60m where he bettered Gian Zicchi’s previous record – which had stood for 12 years – with efforts of 7.25 and 7.18 seconds.
Priest completed his treble when clocking 23.26 seconds for the 200m to better Andrew Bullimore’s previous mark which had stood since 2005.
Ella Reed also excelled in that event. She clocked 28.61 to set a new Under 15 Girls mark for the 200m.
You may also want to watch:
Yinka Opaleye was the other record-breaker as he knocked close to half-a-second off the club’s veteran 60m mark with a fine time of 7.95 seconds.
His son, Ayo, also performed well with times of 8.05 and 8.10 for the 60m, and 27.53 for the 200m.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years