ATHLETICS: Joy for Joey as he ends busy weekend with Ampthill Trophy triumph
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC teenager Joe Croft had a busy and profitable weekend.
He followed a fourth-placed finish in the Under 17 Men’s category at the Metropolitan League cross-country race held at Claybury Woods, Redbridge, last Saturday by taking a fine win the following day.
Croft produced a powerful finish to snatch victory in the 4k race at the Ampthill Trophy event, completing the course in a time of 13:29.
Clubmate Shannon Flockhart was the first female finisher in 15:22 and took top spot in the Under 15 Girls category, while sister Lexi starred in the 2km race as she took top spot in the Under 11 Girls bracket.
And Howard Croft provided another fine result by finishing as runner-up in the Under 13 Boys’ category. Another Hunts AC member was in action somewhat further afield.
You may also want to watch:
Yvette Adamson finished 230th in the Budapest Marathon by knocking 14 minutes off her previous personal best. She produced a time of 52.31 in an event which attracted 27,000 runners from 80 countries to the Hungarian capital.
Competing in the Budapest Marathon, Yvette Adamson finished 230th out of 27,000 entrants from 80 countries. Her time of 3:52:31 knocked 14 minutes off her previous best.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages