ATHLETICS: Hunts AC ace just misses out on major medal
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC man Richard Phelan came within touching distance of capturing a World Masters Indoor Championships medal.
Phelan finished fifth in the M55 triple jump in Daegu, South Korea, with a leap of 10.78m. His indoor personal-best performance was only 26 centimetres off third place and a bronze medal.
Phelan also finished sixth in the M55 long jump during his Far East adventure with an effort of 5.10m. That was another indoor PB.
Promising Hunts AC talents at the other end of the age spectrum enjoyed an impressive end to the indoor season.
Jason Hart broke four club records in the Under 13 Boys event with a 1.06m high jump, a 4.67m shot putt, a 2:39.44 time for the 800m and an overall score of 636 points during a pentathlon event at Lee Valley, in London.
You may also want to watch:
Tamzin Digpal-Race also set a club best with her overall tally of 1,304 points in the Under 13 Girls category. That record previously belonged to Ellen Bullin, who also saw another of her marks emulated as Emily Hart sent the shot putt out to 6.23m.
Joe Purbrick entered the top 25 of the national Under 15 rankings for the 60m with a quick time of 9.53 seconds at the same event.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k