ATHLETICS: Hudson leads homes the Huntingdon runners in the Great Eastern Run
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri members were pounding the streets of Peterborough in the Great Eastern Run last Sunday.
David Hudson led home the club’s contingent in the half-marathon with a personal best effort of 1:12.54.
Other notable performances came from Paul Loosley, who knocked 15 minutes off his previous best when crossing the line in 1:38.46, while Kathryn Middlehurst also lowered her mark to 1:55.25.
The club used the race as a fundraiser for chosen charity, Papyrus, which aims to prevent youth suicide.
A host of BRJ members dressed up as cheerleaders for the event and collected £165 on their way round the course.
You may also want to watch:
Several BRJ juniors and seniors took part in the accompanying 5k fun run.
Daniel Mitton was first boy home when finishing fifth in 18:36 and Chloe Loosley was first lady as she took 53rd position in 21:42.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding