ATHLETICS: Fine set of podium finishers for BRJ youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri youngsters collected podium finishes at three events last weekend.
Several of them came at the Graham Dam two-mile fun run where Ellie Loosley was the star performer.
The 11 year-old was the first female finisher while elder sister Chloe won her age group. Younger brother James finished second in his category.
Other age-group winners from BRJ were Joseph Lewey and Freya Harris, while her older brother, Frederic, was fifth boy overall.
Another podium finish was provided by Keelan Duffy (14) as he took second spot in the Fen Gallop four-mile race, where Cameron Smith (14), Layton Duffy (on his 12th birthday) and Alex Mitton (13) also finished in the top 10. Gaige Duffy (10) was 12th.
You may also want to watch:
Two more BRJ talents collected podium finishes at the Leighton Buzzard Junior Triathlon.
Ruby O’Dell (7) and Beatrice Pauley (13) were third in their respective categories in the Eastern Region League event. Clubmate Freddie Spavins (9) was fifth.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens