ATHLETICS: Club championships for Riverside Runners and fine finishes for Huntingdon BRJ juniors at Eye 10k race
- Credit: Archant
Riverside Runners held their club championship during the Eye 10k race, near Peterborough, last Sunday.
Russ Hewitt was the star performer from the St Neots-based club in a time of 40:26, which earned 31st place overall.
Claire Jenkins was the first finisher in the LV40 age category.
Riverside Runners overall finishing positions and times: 31 Russ Hewitt 40:26, 49 Ryan Lydon 42:00, 58 Steve Childerley 42:37, 70 Keith Pritchard 43:18, 74 Maurice Hemingway 43:44, 92 Lee Radley 45:14, 93 Kevin Steel 45:16, 111 Clare Jenkins 46:19, 123 Sam Windebank 46:51, 149 Alison Cooper 48:22, 161 Trevor Hufford 49:01, 163 Jim Robertson 49:05, 198 Danielle Hainsby 50:52, 205 Jo Carrington 51:42 (PB), 223 Emma Evans 52:05, 291 Sharon Evans 55:55, 317 Barbara Readings 57:08, 331 Diane Hufford 58:20, 339 Norma Leckie 58:43, 347 Chris Windebank 59:03, 367 Karen Roper 1:01.02, 382 Kirsty Middleton 1:02.38, 469 John Willcock 1:11.56.
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri junior members impressed in the 3k fun run at Eye.
The club provided three top-10 finishers in William Dales (3rd), Keelan Duffy (6th) and James Orrell (8th).
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 8 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 9 Old Mill upgrade resumes at Godmanchester
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
Ellie Loosely was the first girl to finish while Georgie Duffy took top spot in the Under 10 age category.
There were also podium finishes for Layton Duffy (second in the 10-11yrs section) and James Loosley (third in the Under 10 bracket).