ATHLETICS: BRJ man Hudson is the leading local in London
- Credit: Archant
David Hudson was leading local runner in the London Marathon last Sunday.
The Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri man sped round the streets of the capital in a fine time of 2:35.30 to finish 149th out of almost 40,000 runners.
Hudson was competing in a second marathon in as many weeks after making his debut over the distance in Brighton the previous Sunday.
He was one of nine athletes from local clubs to break the three-hour barrier in London.
There were a couple of notable age-group finishes as BRJ lady Annette Newton took fifth place in the VW65 category while Barbara Reading of Riverside Runners was 11th in the VW70 bracket.
You may also want to watch:
Two budding Hunts AC talents competed in the mini-marathon in London. Issy Wilkins was 26th in the Under 13 Girls event while Shannon Flockhart was 31st at Under 15 Girls level.
LONDON MARATHON RESULTS
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri: David Hudson 2:35.30, Rhyse Plumber Coles 3:15.36, Simon Moore 3:33.41, David Newton 3:40.02, Marco Wassersleven 3:40.18, Francesca Lasman 3:55.29, Paula Elliott 3:58.51, Annette Newton 4:00.44, David Thomas 4:07.38, Jonathon Barlow 4:17.56, Janet Grudzien 4:36.02, Claire Few 4:39.38, Katherine Ireson 4:54.23, Emily Moore 5:38.33
Riverside Runners: Neil Shorten 2:53.06 (PB), Duncan Bush 2:53.32, Joss Williams 2:53.33, Paul Oliver 2:57.51, Piers Serjeant 3:14.31, Keith Pritchard 3:15.11, Malcolm Pritchard 3:22.50, Maurice Hemingway 3:24.47, Michelle Byatt 4:15.20, Darren Skeggs 4:20.30, Elizabeth Chamberlain 4:31.46, Sally Hewitt 4:34.25, Ashley Cooper 4:35.53 (PB), Lucy Hurley 5:00.17, Catherine Wenban 5:03.39 (PB).
Hunts AC: Ty Farrer 2:41.08 (PB), Nick Osborn 2:44.53 (PB), Sean Barker 2:59.13, Rod McKee 2:59.21 (PB), Mark Barry 3:00.54 (PB), Caroline King 3:34.52, Stuart Purbrick 3:50.58, Daniel Gregorious 4:02.37, Del Wood 4:34.39.