ATHLETICS: BRJ duo head to Berlin while juniors show they are ‘Bourn’ to win
- Credit: Archant
The German capital and a small Cambridgeshire village were the destinations for Huntindon BRJ Run & Tri members last Sunday.
Robert Farrant and Marco Wassersleben were the two club runners who headed overseas to compete in the Berlin Marathon.
Farrant posted a new personal best of 3:15.32 while Wassersleben completed in 3:29.37.
Closer to home, a brilliant bunch of BRJ juniors took the top five stops in the Bourn 3k race.
William Dales (16) triumphed in a time of 8.51 to win an event with attracted 382 runners.
You may also want to watch:
He came home 13 seconds clear of clubmate Reece Millard (16), who triumphed in a three-way BRJ battle for second spot.
Millard just pipped clubmate James Orrell (15) and Keelan Duffy (14) who finished third and fourth respectively in the same time of 9.06.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
Jeff Newham (12) was fifth in 9:28 while other BRJ runners Layton Duffy (12) finished 13th (10.16), Gaige Duffy (10) crossed the line in 44th (12.05), and Kira Shipley (13) finished five seconds later in 48th.