ATHLETICS: BRJ duo earn relay success at Cambourne while young Freddie shines in Brighton
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri enjoyed success at the Cambourne 10k last Sunday.
The local club dominated the relay event with William Dales and Reece Millard combining for victory in 38.10 ahead of clubmates Liam Thorne and Daniel Mitton (41.03).
David Hudson took second place in the main 10k race in 34.04 while youngster James Orrell impressed in 15th in 39.28.
Jeff Newham (6th, 6.18), Layton Duffy (8th, 6.30) and Alex Mitton (9th, 6.33) also finished in the top-10 of the one-mile fun run.
Simon Moore was the star BRJ performer in the big Brighton Marathon. He finished 248th out of almost 20,000 runners in 3:09.08.
You may also want to watch:
Another one of the club’s young talents, Freddie Elliott, excelled there. He took second place in the Under 9 Mixed race at the Mini Mile event which accompanied the marathon in the seaside town.
Keelan Duffy finished ninth in the Under 18 B race in 5.40.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 Buckden celebrate first cup win in decades with home-grown squad