ATHLETICS: Brilliant British success for Lexi as sister Shannon takes second spot
- Credit: Archant
Rising Hunts AC star Lexi Flockhart collected her biggest success to date last Sunday.
Flockhart won ther Under 11 Girls race at the penultimate round of the British Athletics Cross Challenge in Cardiff.
She completed the 1.7km course in a time of 7:07 to finish six seconds clear of her closest rival.
Elder sister, Shannon, also impressed when taking second place in the Under 15 Girls race – covering the 2.9km distance in 10:58.
She also sits second in the overall standings, just four points behind the leader.
The final round of the series is in Loughborough on March 11.
Issy Wilkins starred closer to home when becoming the fastest 13/14 year-old girl over the Huntingdon Parkrun corse. She finished 16th out of a field of 342 – featuring many senior runners – with a time of 20:40 for 5km.
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 8 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told