ATHLETICS: Brilliant British success for Lexi as sister Shannon takes second spot
- Credit: Archant
Rising Hunts AC star Lexi Flockhart collected her biggest success to date last Sunday.
Flockhart won ther Under 11 Girls race at the penultimate round of the British Athletics Cross Challenge in Cardiff.
She completed the 1.7km course in a time of 7:07 to finish six seconds clear of her closest rival.
Elder sister, Shannon, also impressed when taking second place in the Under 15 Girls race – covering the 2.9km distance in 10:58.
She also sits second in the overall standings, just four points behind the leader.
You may also want to watch:
The final round of the series is in Loughborough on March 11.
Issy Wilkins starred closer to home when becoming the fastest 13/14 year-old girl over the Huntingdon Parkrun corse. She finished 16th out of a field of 342 – featuring many senior runners – with a time of 20:40 for 5km.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed