ATHLETICS: Age-group success for Annette in Edinburgh
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri runner Annette Newton claimed age-group honours in the Edinburgh Marathon.
Newton starred with a time of 3:59.37 in the Scottish capital to clinch the WV65-70 spoils.
Husband David also enjoyed a fine run as he finished fourth in his category in 3:38.24 while Rob Farrant made a pleasing return from injury to lead the local club in 3:19.49.
Kate Ruddock (4:36.20), Sarah Hall (4:36.20), Jo Muff (4:31.00) and Janet John (4:51.30) were also in action for BRJ.
Alice Noyes completed the accompanying half-marathon in 2:33.36 while two other BRJ members took part in the 10k race.
You may also want to watch:
Jules Farrow clocked a speedy 49.19 while Tony Farrow finished in 1:00.52.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced