Athletes excel at School Olympics’
HUNTS Athletics Club was well-represented at the English Schools Athletics national track and field championships earlier this month. The club, competing as part of the Cambridgeshire team, sent its biggest ever contingent to the event known as
HUNTINGDONSHIRE Athletics Club was well-represented at the English Schools Athletics national track and field championships earlier this month.
The club, competing as part of the Cambridgeshire team, sent its biggest ever contingent to the event known as the "Schools Olympics".
More than 1,500 athletes from across the country descended on Gateshead to test themselves against the best young talent in the country.
Every athlete at the championships had to qualify against tough national standards before being considered for selection by their counties.
You may also want to watch:
Top performers at the event included Ellie Rhodes, who finished fourth in the shot putt and Christian Roberts who ran a personal best to qualify for the final of the 400m hurdles.
Huntingdonshire Athletics club coach John Roberts said: "The fact that the club made up such a large chunk of the Cambridgeshire team goes to show the talent we have in the area as well as the hard work of athletes and coaches.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 9 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment