Athlete of the match Edwards collects three wins
IN THE final Eastern Young Athletes League meeting of the season, Jonathan Edwards was named Athlete of the Match after three convincing victories in the U17 Men s shot put, discus, and hammer throw. His performances helped Hunts AC to a sixth-place fini
IN THE final Eastern Young Athletes League meeting of the season, Jonathan Edwards was named Athlete of the Match after three convincing victories in the U17 Men's shot put, discus, and hammer throw.
His performances helped Hunts AC to a sixth-place finish in the event at Stevenage.
Edwards added 21 cms to his personal best as he won the shot by more than two metres. His discus victory was even more comfortable, winning by a margin of 11 metres.
He was also five centimetres from his best in the hammer, which was enough to seal a nine-metre win.
His performance was rivalled by 12-year-old Anya Rodriguez, who won the U13 Girls high jump and long jump, both with best-ever jumps.
Her mark of 1.40m in the high jump propelled her to 36th in the national rankings, while she rose to 84th in the long jump with 4.29m.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
At U15 Girls level, Ailish Park threw 25.93m to gain first place in the javelin. In the U17 Women's section, Lucy Readman picked up the B string 200m win and Helen West won the 1500m A race by an unheard of 96 secs.
Dennis Penny-Toure picked up his customary victory in the long jump and George Seach won the sprint hurdles B string race by four seconds in the U13 Boys category.