ROWING: American adventure for St Ives men
- Credit: Archant
Two St Ives Rowing Club members have been in action on the other side of the Atlantic.
Paul Ashmore and Gary Gilbey were invited to take part in the US Rowing Masters Championships in America recently.
They rowed for the Riverfront Recapture club, based in Connecticut, at the end held in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Gilbey has rowed for the club in the past and this time he took St Ives clubmate Ashmore along with him - and it proved to be a successful adventure as they claimed a silver medal.
The two St Ives rowers took second spot in the Masters D coxless four along with Riverfront team-mates Andy Merrill and Alan Vibber.
Ashmore and Gilbey both competed in eight events in all during four days of intense competition.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 9 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
- 10 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing