ROWING: American adventure for St Ives men
- Credit: Archant
Two St Ives Rowing Club members have been in action on the other side of the Atlantic.
Paul Ashmore and Gary Gilbey were invited to take part in the US Rowing Masters Championships in America recently.
They rowed for the Riverfront Recapture club, based in Connecticut, at the end held in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Gilbey has rowed for the club in the past and this time he took St Ives clubmate Ashmore along with him - and it proved to be a successful adventure as they claimed a silver medal.
The two St Ives rowers took second spot in the Masters D coxless four along with Riverfront team-mates Andy Merrill and Alan Vibber.
You may also want to watch:
Ashmore and Gilbey both competed in eight events in all during four days of intense competition.
- 1 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 2 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 5 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 8 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 9 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village