ROWING: American adventure for St Ives men
- Credit: Archant
Two St Ives Rowing Club members have been in action on the other side of the Atlantic.
Paul Ashmore and Gary Gilbey were invited to take part in the US Rowing Masters Championships in America recently.
They rowed for the Riverfront Recapture club, based in Connecticut, at the end held in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Gilbey has rowed for the club in the past and this time he took St Ives clubmate Ashmore along with him - and it proved to be a successful adventure as they claimed a silver medal.
The two St Ives rowers took second spot in the Masters D coxless four along with Riverfront team-mates Andy Merrill and Alan Vibber.
You may also want to watch:
Ashmore and Gilbey both competed in eight events in all during four days of intense competition.
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 6 Huntingdon Bid chairman looking forward to town centre opening up
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 9 More signs of Spring and some interesting starling murmurations
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court for suspected drug deal charge