Another stunning national success for St Ivo School footballers
- Credit: Archant
A second St Ivo School team is celebrating National Schools’ Cup glory after mounting a stunning comeback.
The Under 12 Girls team lifted the trophy yesterday (Tuesday) with a 3-2 triumph against the Gordano School, of Somerset, in a final played at Lilleshall.
They were 2-0 down with a quarter-of-an-hour to go, but Lucy O’Brien launched a turnaround before two Tia Everdell earned victory.
The goalscorers are two of five players in the squad to have also helped the St Ivo School Under 13 side to national glory in May.
Goalkeeper Ella Hampton, captain Sasha Brown and Angel Lyden were the others.
Manager Lucy Trigg said: “The girls have come so far this year thanks to their talent and dedication.”
The school’s Under 14 side also reached their national final, being pipped on penalties.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 5 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 6 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
St Ivo Under 12 squad: Sasha Brown, Lia Chambers, Ellie Chettle, Yazmine Chettle, Kellie-Marie Dixon, Macy Driver, Tia Everdell, Ella Hampton, Mary Kean, Angel Lyden, Holly Mellors, Lucy O’Brien, Megan Scott, Olivia Scott.