Another stunning national success for St Ivo School footballers
- Credit: Archant
A second St Ivo School team is celebrating National Schools’ Cup glory after mounting a stunning comeback.
The Under 12 Girls team lifted the trophy yesterday (Tuesday) with a 3-2 triumph against the Gordano School, of Somerset, in a final played at Lilleshall.
They were 2-0 down with a quarter-of-an-hour to go, but Lucy O’Brien launched a turnaround before two Tia Everdell earned victory.
The goalscorers are two of five players in the squad to have also helped the St Ivo School Under 13 side to national glory in May.
Goalkeeper Ella Hampton, captain Sasha Brown and Angel Lyden were the others.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Lucy Trigg said: “The girls have come so far this year thanks to their talent and dedication.”
The school’s Under 14 side also reached their national final, being pipped on penalties.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
St Ivo Under 12 squad: Sasha Brown, Lia Chambers, Ellie Chettle, Yazmine Chettle, Kellie-Marie Dixon, Macy Driver, Tia Everdell, Ella Hampton, Mary Kean, Angel Lyden, Holly Mellors, Lucy O’Brien, Megan Scott, Olivia Scott.