NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Godmanchester Rovers could face more FA Vase action over second player
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Rovers may have played another ineligible player in the FA Vase.
The local side were removed from the national competition last week for using the ineligible Chris Hyem in their fourth-round victory against Sporting Khalsa on January 5.
Hyem had been booked in two previous rounds and should have been banned under new rules for this season.
But it has now emerged that Tom Spark appeared illegally as a late substitute when they beat Holbeach 2-0 in the third round in early December
Spark had, according to the FA Full-Time website, been booked in their victories away to West Essex and Great Yarmouth in the previous two rounds.
You may also want to watch:
Rovers manager Ollie Drake confirmed the club are aware of that allegation, but stressed: “The FA are supposed to notify us of suspensions for players, but that didn’t happen in either case in the Vase with Tom or Chris.”
The Hunts Post understands representatives of Lincolnshire club Holbeach have been in contact with the FA over the matter.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder