Birthday carp reward for Piotr
- Credit: St Ives Tackle
Cold weather - including the requirement to break the ice - has not stopped the keenest anglers getting out amongst the fish.
Paul Marriot went out for zander and landed a new personal best of 6lb 13oz on a legered dead roach on a single hook trace.
A mid-week trip to his local syndicate at Earith was rewarded for Harry Green within 20 minutes when he hooked a 20lb plus common on a Sticky Baits Manilla Active Wafter.
Piotr Bafia had a memorable birthday trip to Pavyotts Mill carp fishery to enter the Pavyotts Mill fishery cup contest. He took second place with a 39lb 3oz personal best common which added to his day of celebrations.
Shop owner Mickey Bartlett went piking in sub-zero conditions in the Fens and resorted to smashing the ice to land three pike. All fish fell to float-fished lamprey sections.
Advice on local fishing is available at St Ives Tackle shop, telephone 01480 468196 or at www.stivestackle.co.uk .
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 5 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 10 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack