Andrea Linnell speeds to her second Hunts AC club record
- Credit: Archant
A Hunts AC club record tumbled during the latest Eastern Veterans’ League meeting at Peterborough.
Andrea Linnell clocked 30.5 secs to shave almost three-quarters of a second off the previous 200m veteran women’s mark set by Hannah Stirley in 2012. Linnell also holds the 100m club best – another record she took from Stirley last year.
And Stirley could also lose her long jump best soon as well. Jo Abel has her eye on that after leaping to 4.15m.
Hunts AC’s men enjoyed success with Mike Scott making his first outdoor 800m for seven years a winning one in the M50 category with a time of 2:24.9.
Richard Phelan picked up a double in the same age group by winning the 100m hurdles in 19.5 and the long jump with 4.88m, while Bob Ellingham won the discus with 32.41m.
You may also want to watch:
Wayne DuBose won the M60 high jump by clearing 1.20m and went on to take the shot putt with 10.33m.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages