ANGLING: Double-figure catch for St Ives Tackle team member Dave
- Credit: Archant
A little trip came complete with a big fish for one St Ives Tackle Team member.
Dave Griffiths took a short walk to the local river with his daughter while spinning for pike and was rewarded with a double-figure catch.
He caught his pike first cast on a lure and was pretty pleased with the result!
Taff Sellens headed out for an overnight stint at the Earith Carp Lakes fishery.
He managed to land a lovely 23lb carp as well as losing another during the night.
You may also want to watch:
Both bites came on his favourite boilie fished over a bed of hemp and maize and it was certainly a nice result for early February.
Shop owner Mike Bartlett ventured out to a Fenland gravel pit and caught a lovely low double pike on legered bluey deadbait set up on a running rig.
- 1 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 2 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 3 Outrage as racist graffiti is daubed on Huntingdon restaurant
- 4 Man with learning disability raises money for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 6 Kings and Queens feature in Kimbolton's history
- 7 From The Archives: A story of our relationship with pubs
- 8 Man's frozen windscreen caused serious crash
- 9 Tribute to ‘inspirational ‘ teacher and family man Dan King
- 10 Police get 198 calls for Covid rule breakers - including groups in Brampton
The local drains have also been producing plenty of pike to anglers who have been brave enough to venture out in strong winds which have made conditions difficult.
Anyone interested in learning more about the fishing opportunities on offer in the Hunts area can pop into the St Ives Tackle shop at Houghton Hill Industries, give them a call on 01480 468196 or check out their website www.stivestackle.co.uk