ANGLING: Double-figure catch for St Ives Tackle team member Dave
- Credit: Archant
A little trip came complete with a big fish for one St Ives Tackle Team member.
Dave Griffiths took a short walk to the local river with his daughter while spinning for pike and was rewarded with a double-figure catch.
He caught his pike first cast on a lure and was pretty pleased with the result!
Taff Sellens headed out for an overnight stint at the Earith Carp Lakes fishery.
He managed to land a lovely 23lb carp as well as losing another during the night.
You may also want to watch:
Both bites came on his favourite boilie fished over a bed of hemp and maize and it was certainly a nice result for early February.
Shop owner Mike Bartlett ventured out to a Fenland gravel pit and caught a lovely low double pike on legered bluey deadbait set up on a running rig.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 5 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
The local drains have also been producing plenty of pike to anglers who have been brave enough to venture out in strong winds which have made conditions difficult.
Anyone interested in learning more about the fishing opportunities on offer in the Hunts area can pop into the St Ives Tackle shop at Houghton Hill Industries, give them a call on 01480 468196 or check out their website www.stivestackle.co.uk