ANGLING: Double-figure catch for St Ives Tackle team member Dave
- Credit: Archant
A little trip came complete with a big fish for one St Ives Tackle Team member.
Dave Griffiths took a short walk to the local river with his daughter while spinning for pike and was rewarded with a double-figure catch.
He caught his pike first cast on a lure and was pretty pleased with the result!
Taff Sellens headed out for an overnight stint at the Earith Carp Lakes fishery.
He managed to land a lovely 23lb carp as well as losing another during the night.
Both bites came on his favourite boilie fished over a bed of hemp and maize and it was certainly a nice result for early February.
Shop owner Mike Bartlett ventured out to a Fenland gravel pit and caught a lovely low double pike on legered bluey deadbait set up on a running rig.
- 1 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 2 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
The local drains have also been producing plenty of pike to anglers who have been brave enough to venture out in strong winds which have made conditions difficult.
Anyone interested in learning more about the fishing opportunities on offer in the Hunts area can pop into the St Ives Tackle shop at Houghton Hill Industries, give them a call on 01480 468196 or check out their website www.stivestackle.co.uk