ANGLING: Double-figure catch for St Ives Tackle team member Dave
- Credit: Archant
A little trip came complete with a big fish for one St Ives Tackle Team member.
Dave Griffiths took a short walk to the local river with his daughter while spinning for pike and was rewarded with a double-figure catch.
He caught his pike first cast on a lure and was pretty pleased with the result!
Taff Sellens headed out for an overnight stint at the Earith Carp Lakes fishery.
He managed to land a lovely 23lb carp as well as losing another during the night.
Both bites came on his favourite boilie fished over a bed of hemp and maize and it was certainly a nice result for early February.
Shop owner Mike Bartlett ventured out to a Fenland gravel pit and caught a lovely low double pike on legered bluey deadbait set up on a running rig.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 9 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
- 10 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
The local drains have also been producing plenty of pike to anglers who have been brave enough to venture out in strong winds which have made conditions difficult.
Anyone interested in learning more about the fishing opportunities on offer in the Hunts area can pop into the St Ives Tackle shop at Houghton Hill Industries, give them a call on 01480 468196 or check out their website www.stivestackle.co.uk