Alconbury spring shock in Peterborough Premier
Round-up: ROCK-bottom Alconbury turned the form book on its head as the young side took a 2-1 home win over Moulton Harrox in the Peterborough Premier League.
ROCK-bottom Alconbury turned the form book on its head as the young side took a 2-1 home win over Moulton Harrox in the Peterborough Premier League.
However, the even younger Reserves found life hard against Harrox Reserves, who walked home 8-0.
Ramsey moved up to second in the same division after a 4-1 demolition of high flyers Leverington. The Rams Reserves saw off Holbeach Reserves comfortably in a 5-2 win, and Rams A were in cruise control with a 7-3 win over Warboys Reserves.
Newly-promoted Sawtry began life in Division One with a creditable 2-2 draw at FC Inter, but Warboys ended their day with a 5-1 defeat at Ketton.
In Division Two, Hartford Sun FC began the season with a 1-1 draw at Guyhuirn.
A 2-1 win over Ely City Reserves sent Somersham clear in the Kershaw Premier, and Eaton Socon claimed a point following a 1-1 draw at Littleport.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 4 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 5 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 9 'We must urgently plan to produce more food'
- 10 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
In Kershaw A Brampton saw off the challenge of Girton 2-1 at home, and Great Paxton hammered Saffron Crocus 6-0 in Kershaw B.
Eaton Reserves won 3-0 at Saffron Walden, Huntingdon RGE and Fenstanton shared a goalless draw, Somersham Reserves beat Buckden 3-1 and St Ives Rangers bettered Bluntisham 2-1.
Papworth’s season began with a 3-3 draw against Bassingbourn, while Earith beat Goddy Reserves 4-2.
St Neots Reserves beat Kings Lynn 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw in the Reserve League Cup. Huntingdon Reserves drew 1-1 at Desborough, and St Ives Reserves did the same at Burton Park.