Alconbury Reds U9 and Buckden White U10 victorious
Double success at the Cambridge United Youth & Community Trust five-a-side tournament
TRIUMPHANT Alconbury Reds U9 are pictured with their trophy and medals and beating Cambridge Celts 2-1 in a thrilling final of the prestigious Cambridge United Youth & Community Trust five-a-side tournament.
The six matches saw Alconbury concede only two goals against teams from several other counties.
A fantastic team performance on the day was embellished by captain Samuel Martin, who shone throughout.
Squad: Josh Bell, Oliver Bravo-Escos, Jack Nottage, Samuel Martin, Joe Whitney, George Bush, Jack Goodyear and Thomas Martin. Manager: Richard Whitney; Coach: Mark Linney.
You may also want to watch:
• Meanwhile Buckden White won all seven of their matches in the U10 age group at the tournament.
They beat Baldock Town in a highly competitive final with Joe Brooks scoring the game’s only goal.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Led by captain Ben Reed, Buckden scored an impressive 19 goals in the tournament, whilst only conceding two.
The highlight was the 3-1 defeat of a talented Enfield Town.
Squad: Josh Jarvis, Joe Brooks, Louis Spicer, Adam Brown, Nathan Sturrock,Ben Reed and Ashley Brewer.