Alconbury Reds U9 and Buckden White U10 victorious
Double success at the Cambridge United Youth & Community Trust five-a-side tournament
TRIUMPHANT Alconbury Reds U9 are pictured with their trophy and medals and beating Cambridge Celts 2-1 in a thrilling final of the prestigious Cambridge United Youth & Community Trust five-a-side tournament.
The six matches saw Alconbury concede only two goals against teams from several other counties.
A fantastic team performance on the day was embellished by captain Samuel Martin, who shone throughout.
Squad: Josh Bell, Oliver Bravo-Escos, Jack Nottage, Samuel Martin, Joe Whitney, George Bush, Jack Goodyear and Thomas Martin. Manager: Richard Whitney; Coach: Mark Linney.
• Meanwhile Buckden White won all seven of their matches in the U10 age group at the tournament.
They beat Baldock Town in a highly competitive final with Joe Brooks scoring the game’s only goal.
- 1 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 4 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 5 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 6 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 7 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 8 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday
- 9 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
- 10 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
Led by captain Ben Reed, Buckden scored an impressive 19 goals in the tournament, whilst only conceding two.
The highlight was the 3-1 defeat of a talented Enfield Town.
Squad: Josh Jarvis, Joe Brooks, Louis Spicer, Adam Brown, Nathan Sturrock,Ben Reed and Ashley Brewer.