ROWING: Huntingdon Boat Club enjoy success in their own event
- Credit: Archant
Almost 100 rowers took to the River Great Ouse last Sunday - and the locals certainly impressed.
Dan Fazackerley and Maksim Marjanovic won their Junior 15 double sculls event with the latter than going on to claim single sculls glory in the same age bracket.
Abigail Ryley and Rosie Shepherd teamed up to earn further success for Huntingdon Boat Club in the Women’ Junior 17 double sculls, while Edward Adams was victorious in the Masters B single sculls.
He also featured in a composite crew of Huntingdon and St Ives Rowing Club members also triumphed in the Masters 8.
It was made up of Andy Wood, Iain Rickerby, Mark Smith and Adams from Huntingdon, along with Pip Woodford, Jon Dolby, Paul Ashmore and Tony Bennett from St Ives. Alice Ray (Huntingdon) was the cox.
You may also want to watch:
Seniors competed over a 3.4km stretch of the river with the juniors in action over 2km.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'