ATHLETICS: Double successes for Hunts AC stars at Southern Counties Veterans’ Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two Hunts AC stars struck gold at the Southern Counties Veterans’ Championships.
Jo Abel and Yinka Opaleye both enjoyed success at the event at Lee Valley, in London.
Opaleye did his winning on the track with impressive 60m and 200m triumphs in the M45 section.
He now sits seventh in the national rankings for the shorter event thanks to a time of 7.75 while he clocked 25.48 in the 200m - enough for fifth in the national list.
Opaleye also earned a bronze medal in the long jump with a 5.04m leap that lifted him to third in the national rankings.
You may also want to watch:
Abel claimed glory in the triple jump in the W45 age bracket with a mighty 9.91m leap which provided a club record and catapulted her to the top of the national rankings.
Abel also took silver in the long jump with another club record of 4.58m. She is third in the national long jump list.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry