Abbots Ripton continuing their rise up the divisions
ABBOTS Ripton are still unbeaten in the Tucker Gardner Senior 3A division following their third straight win of the season.
Top of the table, the Cambs & Hunts Junior Division 3A side are on a roll again and easily brushed aside the challenge of Milton II this weekend for a seven-wicket win.
The feeling is, a third promotion in three years is very much on the cards…
“It was a well-earned result where the whole team’s hard work in the field restricted a handy Milton side to just 72,” said the captain Craig Marsh.
“It was very pleasing for me to see how our youth players have developed.”
You may also want to watch:
Abbots won the toss and put Milton into bat but Milton were 10 for five at one point and were all out for 72 with Scott Walton taking three for six, Dan Coles two for four and and James Hyde Jnr two for 10.
In reply, Abbots scored 75 for three off just 20 overs with last year’s inform batsmen Lee Smith, 52 not out, smashing seven fours and two sixes.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Marsh continued: “There’s a great team feeling developing at Abbots Ripton at the moment and I hope that we can keep this winning sequence going after successive promotions from Division Five to Division Three in 2012.”
IN Division 4A, Richard Searle took a five wickets for 21 runs from 10 oversas Bluntisham II set Littleport a target of 155. But a batting collapse followed and all that hard work was in vain when Blunisham were all out for 58.