SCHOOL SPORT: Bury pupils somersault their way to double success at gymnastics event
- Credit: Archant
Brilliant Bury CofE Primary School were left head over heels – after completing a double success in a recent competition.
The village pupils showed off their somersaulting skills to triumph at the Hunts School Sports Partnership’s annual Year 3/Year 4 Key Steps 2 Gymnastics event.
Children from schools across the area followed in the footsteps of Olympic great Louis Smith as they took part in three disciplines – vault, floor and body management – at Huntingdon Gymnastics Club.
Bury triumphed from runners-up Great Gidding CofE Primary School and third-placed Crosshall Junior School in the ‘A’ section.
And they also came out on top in the ‘B’ bracket with Thornwdown Primary School finishing second and Westfield Junior School filling third spot.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 26 teams were involved in the competition with 15 different schools represented.
Brampton Village Primary School, Cromwell Academy, Godmanchester Community Academy, Great Staughton Primary Academy, Houghton Primary School, Kimbolton Primary Academy, Priory Junior School, St Helen’s Primary School, St John’s CofE Primary School, Warboys Primary Academy were also in attendance.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Bury and Great Gidding advance to the County School Games finals which had been scheduled for Thursday (March 26) but have now been postponed.